Apparently all parts of the charming Lily of the Valley plant are potentially toxic, and contain compounds which can inhibit the heart's ability to pump if ingested. It's rated a 1 on the Toxicity Scale (because ingesting it can cause serious illness or death) and a 4 (because its juice can cause a skin rash). I didn't know this until I started researching "Poisonous Plants" for this week's Spoonflower Design Challenge (voting opens Jan 12 and closes Tuesday Jan 17)! Here's my entry: "Lily of the Valley" in Spring Green! You can link to the Voting Page HERE!
If you'd like to see this design in my Spoonflower Shop, click HERE. It comes in 4 scales on Fabrics, Wallpaper and Home Decor (this links to the Small-Scale version)!
Leave a Reply.
Jackie Tahara of UnBlink Studio